Thursday, January 14, 2010

Warm and Comforting

I must apoligize, I have started a news semester in school, and things have just been really hectic. On days that I have class, Mr. G is kind enough to make dinner, but I still have the itching to get into the kitchen and whip up something fantastic the nights that I am home. Since it has been so chilly lately, I decided that last night we would have chili & cornbread. My chili recipe is nothing fancy, but it will warm you up when you are cold.

Chili

2-cans mild chili beans
2-cans diced tomatoes with chilies
1-can mexicorn
1lb. ground beef
1-diced onion

Brown beef and onion. Drain off beef. Put remaining ingredients in and set to boil. Once it comes to a boil, lower temperature and simmer 20 minutes. Serve with cheese & sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment